Environmental & Social Responsibility Statement
Pallant of Arundel recognises that its activities can impact on our society and the environment both directly and indirectly. We therefore aim to minimise these impacts through good management and by adopting best practice wherever possible.
In all our activities we aim to:
- Comply fully with all relevant legal requirements, codes of practice and regulations
- Prevent pollution to land, air and water
- Continually review ways to reduce our water and energy use
- Manage waste generated by the business according to the principles of reduction, re-use and recycling
- Promote environmentally and socially responsible sourcing of goods
- Provide training to enable employees to deal with their specific areas of environmental control
- Measure and take action to improve the carbon footprint of our business
- Encourage the adoption of similar principles by our suppliers
- Ensure our marketing literature is written in plain English, telling the truth without hiding anything in the ‘small print’
- Be open and honest about our products and services. Telling customers what they want to know, including what
steps we take to be socially responsible.
- If something goes wrong, we aim to acknowledge the problem and deal with it immediately.
- Use local suppliers wherever possible so that we can support our community and also reduce the energy wasted
and carbon emissions from deliveries.
- Choose suppliers that follow appropriate employment, health and safety and environmental practices.
- Choose suppliers that work closely with their overseas producers to ensure ‘fairly traded’ principles are adhered to.
- Treat our suppliers fairly, for example by paying a ‘fair’ price for goods and ensuring invoices are paid on time.
- Work with the local community by supporting local charities and sponsoring local events
- Source products that ensure high standards of animal health and welfare
Our Corporate Social Responsibility policy statement will be regularly reviewed and updated as necessary. The Directors and Staff of Pallant of Arundel endorse this policy statement and are fully committed to its implementation.