arundel town and castle
sussex in style
The picturesque town of Arundel is situated on the river Arun between the South Downs National Park and the Sussex coast. The impressive skyline is dominated by Arundel Castle, ancestral home to the Duke of Norfolk, and also the Gothic cathedral.
Shopping in Arundel is a real pleasure. Unlike so many of our towns and cities, Arundel is unique in having few if any of the ubiquitous high street chains. Instead you will find small independent shops like ourselves offering quality and difference. Some of our favourites include Sparks Yard lifestyle store, contemporary art at Zimmer Stewart and a fabulous selection of children’s clothing from Squibbly Biskit.
Arundel is a real treat for enthusiastic food lovers. From its regular monthly farmers market, to some of the best restaurants in the region such the Town House; plus the Arundel Food Festival which kicked off in October 2010 and gave the traditional food festival concept a contemporary edge with a line-up of compelling and thought provoking events, from vineyard and farm tours to food foraging.
Quirky, fun & cosmopolitan, Arundel captures the essence of heritage, urban chic and country pursuits, all within a stone’s throw of London. Visiting Arundel you always discover more than you’d expect. Most of all it’s a place to return to and tell others about. Arundel is Sussex in style!
- Toast your mum on #mothersday with Mother’s Share lovingly made by Aly @highdownvine. @englishwine Watch her story.. https://t.co/4m5EgTDgRj,
- Looking forward to introducing @beechtobeach to @NutbourneTomato this afternoon!,
- RT @HarpLaneLudlow: Some interesting questions asked of @ShropCouncil re #Ludlow out of town supermarket in this month's… https://t.co/IgRLHNH0Kh,
- Wed 8th March, Rhône wine tasting evening with @DOMAINEGUIGAL - tickets on sale now! https://t.co/aJlNFM3HJS,
- RT @PaulGibson20: @nickherbertmp @wscountytimes Nick, stop blaming the unions @SouthernRailUK. I commute. The management changed staff working conditions.,