from denton's to pallant
A grocery store has been serving the town of Arundel from this building for hundreds of years, above is a photo from around 1905 when it was known as Denton’s Stores. Merely custodians in one respect, we continue to offer a good range of groceries and store cupboard ingredients alongside our cheese and delicatessen counters.
Proprietors Mark Robinson & Jonathan Brantigan took the business over in May 2007, having previously worked with some of London’s most prestigious food retailers, including Selfridges, Fortnum & Mason and French cheese specialist La Fromagerie. They have a wealth of experience and a passion for good quality food and wine.
Being a small business ourselves we are keen to champion smaller producers. Whether sourced locally here in Sussex, from elsewhere in Britain or from further afield, we endeavour to stock products of interest and quality that are not widely available in the supermarkets. To find out more about some of our favourite suppliers, why not watch some of the videos on our Youtube channel.
The small town of Arundel is home to a number of independent, specialist shops and quality restaurants, see below for some of our favourites. We hope you are able to visit Pallant of Arundel and our beautiful town soon.
Learn more about Arundel
- Toast your mum on #mothersday with Mother’s Share lovingly made by Aly @highdownvine. @englishwine Watch her story.. https://t.co/4m5EgTDgRj,
- Looking forward to introducing @beechtobeach to @NutbourneTomato this afternoon!,
- RT @HarpLaneLudlow: Some interesting questions asked of @ShropCouncil re #Ludlow out of town supermarket in this month's… https://t.co/IgRLHNH0Kh,
- Wed 8th March, Rhône wine tasting evening with @DOMAINEGUIGAL - tickets on sale now! https://t.co/aJlNFM3HJS,
- RT @PaulGibson20: @nickherbertmp @wscountytimes Nick, stop blaming the unions @SouthernRailUK. I commute. The management changed staff working conditions.,